Subscribe in a reader
Subscribe to posts by Email
About Me

Friday, June 29, 2007

Kubica fit to race in French GP

BMW Sauber driver Robert Kubica has passed a medical following his massive crash in the Canadian Grand Prix and will return this weekend in France.

"I''m 100% fit," said the 22-year-old driver, who missed the US Grand Prix after the 180mph crash on 10 June.

"I''m looking forward to this race and happy that I missed only Indianapolis."

Kubica was replaced at Indianapolis by 19-year-old German Sebastian Vettel, who scored a point on his debut, but now reverts to test and reserve driver.

Kubica suffered mild concussion and a sprained ankle when his car ploughed head-on into a wall in Canada.

He was lucky to escape without further injury, especially as his feet could be seen through the sheared off front end of the vehicle.

Kubica added: "Although I wasn''t allowed to test (at Silverstone last week), I''ve used the time to focus intensively on preparing for the next race.

"Now I can''t wait to get back into the car."

No comments: