Subscribe in a reader
Subscribe to posts by Email
About Me

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Räikkönen very happy

Kimi Räikkönen’s back-to-back victories in France and England have rejuvenated the Finn’s hunger for further success.

The Ferrari driver was blisteringly quick all weekend but knows his pace will be hard to maintain.

"It was a great race for me. After my mistake in qualifying I was very disappointed, but today I was able to make up for it,” he said.

“If I had managed to start from pole though, things would have been much easier. The car worked very well both on the soft and harder tyres. We were strong all weekend and I hope this trend continues over the coming races, but I know how difficult that will be.”

Räikkönen who closed the gap to 18 points behind championship leader Lewis Hamilton, stressed the team were pushing in the right direction.

“I am very happy. We have made up ground in the Drivers' Championship and there is plenty of the season still to go,” he said. “We must continue to push on the development of the car and we are working in the right direction."

No comments: