Subscribe in a reader
Subscribe to posts by Email
About Me

Sunday, July 15, 2007

BMW-Sauber prepare for Euro GP

BMW and Nick Heidfeld are looking forward to their home race on the Nürburgring, and Robert Kubica is also confident of a good result for the BMW Sauber F1 Team in the Eifel next weekend.

“I am very much looking forward to the race on the Nürburgring. That’s where the greatest number of my fans have always turned up, and thanks to this year’s good results there will probably be a few more,” revealed Heidfeld.

“When I drove the Formula One car round the Nordschleife at the end of April, the atmosphere there was fantastic. It’s a good feeling having that kind of support, and one or other family members will also be coming along to the Ring.

“As a young kid I already had a lot of outings to the Nürburgring with my father and my two brothers as it isn’t far away from Mönchengladbach. Later on there were race wins in various classes to add to those pleasant childhood memories.

“I think we’re pretty well prepared for the Ring. Our performance potential is a great motivator. Naturally it’s a lot more fun when you know you’re essentially in contention for points and good placings. If qualifying turns out better for me than at the last race in Silverstone, I should also be back in the running for the race.”

Robert Kubica doesn’t share his team-mates enthusiasm for the Nürburgring saying:: “Obviously when we go to the Nürburgring this will be the only grand prix in Germany this year.

“I am sure there will be a big crowd and a lot of people who will be fans of our team. I have to be honest and say I don’t find the track spectacular. This will be my first grand prix on this track, but I have driven on the old track, when the first corner was a chicane, and practically every year since 2001 I have been racing on this track.

“Because of this I know the track pretty well and I also know the shorter version that the touring cars are using with the short cut after turns 6 and 7. I think it will be a good weekend and maybe after that my feelings for the track will change.”

No comments: